6TH OCTOBER 2021
We are all 'guilty' of buying clothes we wear once
- or maybe not returning clothes we buy and don't love. So they sit there cramming our wardrobes while we go off and buy something new - contributing to the growing issue of landfill and our credit card bill! And we still have 'nothing to wear' ..!
Our 'Swap Up' event is a 'one night only event' where you can get something new to wear while being sustainably stylish. All you need to do is bring some clothes or accesories you no longer love or need and swap them for something that someone else has brought.
Declutter your wardrobe
Too much 'stuff'? Drowning under purchases? Take a good look at the wardrobe and move on some items that you simply are no longer wearing and declutter the wardrobe (and your mind).
Share the love
Just because you no longer love an item it doesn't mean that dress, skirt, top, shoes, bag or hat is ready for the bin. Pass on that garment to a new loving home and let it take centre-stage with someone else for a little longer.
Help reduce landfill
One less garment in the local landfill has just got to be a great thing. Many items of clothing will literally be in landfill for 10's of years and some will be there 'forever' depending on the materials used to make them. Find a new home for your clothes and keep them going as long as possible.
On the night
There'll be style tips on how to 'shop your wardrobe' from Super Stylist, Lisa Gilbe.
Your ticket includes fabulous food and fizz from The Brentwood Kitchen, with special live 🎹 music from talented songsress Lucy.
We will also have a raffle of prizes donated by our very generous sponsors - The Brentwood Hairdresser, Lux Day Spa Brentwood, The Brentwood Kitchen and New Day Originals. We will auction a gorgeous piece of art by local Street Artist, Art by Darko.
All raffle ticket sales will be donated to a very worthy mental health charity, Mid and South Essex Health and Care Partnership.
How does the Swap work?
1. Register for the event (and ask your friends!)
2. Pick up to 5 items from your wardrobe you no longer love and are in unworn or very good condition (These can be shoes, bags, jewellery, clothes)
3. Send Fin an email firstname.lastname@example.org between 1 & 4th October to arrange drop-off or collection from your home. Please put 'SWAP UP' in your subject line as we get A LOT of emails and we don't want to miss yours ;-)
4. Fin will assign a 'token value' to your items and price them up for the night. If you can't drop them off prior to the event then please arrive at 6PM to TBK ahead of our 7PM start. We will only accept 3 items if this is the case.
5. Arrive promptly at 7PM for the event and Sip, Swish, Shop (and Sell!!)
Our experts will provide talks through the evening. Music will be provided by the wonderful Lucy Costello. And of course supper and bubbles will be provided as part of your ticket price throughout the evening.
Spaces are limited so tickets will be allocated on a 'first come first served' basis so don't miss out. Grab your ticket today (see below) and you'll be supporting sustainability, a great local charity and of course finding some beautiful new items to replace your old unwanted ones!GET YOUR SWAP-UP TICKETS HERE!
Got any questions? Please email us here email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.